Friday March 16, 2018
Woohoo! It's Friday, which means the weekend is almost here. The forecast is calling for warm, sunny days ahead, and we've tracked down the best Midland-Odessa happenings to make the most out of it!
Saturday in Odessa:
- 2nd Annual Tap Into Odessa: This new annual event falls on St. Patrick's Day this year, which will surely make this block party event even more festive! $15 gets you in the gate, along with tickets for sampling a variety of craft beer & wine, a commemorative glass, and access to the food trucks, live music and other entertainment. It all takes place on Grant Street in Downtown Odessa, which will fenced off between 4th St and 6th St. Gates open at 6pm. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Ruffles & Rust Expo: This highly-anticipated travelling expo event is back! Head over to the Ector County Coliseum's "Barn G" between 9am-5pm and shop over 100 vendor booths, from clothing boutiques, handmade items, farmhouse & shabby chic decor, vintage pieces and more! The first 100 customers get a SWAG BAG full of merchandise and discounts at vendor booths! $5 (kids 12 and under free).
- Chickn4U Family Day featuring Princess Poppy: Have any "Trolls" fans at home? The new Chickn4U on Billy Hext is hosting a Family Day, where Princess Poppy will be stopping by for a visit between 1p & 3p!! Bonus: Kids eat FREE with any purchase of a regular combo. Doesn't that make you want to sing some JT and dance?
- Model Home Tours: Have you stopped by our two Odessa Model Homes yet? Stop by anytime between 10am and 6pm and tour Desert Ridge's "The Rylee" and Enclave at Mission Ranch's "The Erminia!" The Enclave Model is located at 76 Berkshire Circle and Desert Ridge's Model is at 2316 Boise Drive. For details, please contact Laurel (email@example.com) or Clarissa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Saturday in Midland:
- PB Spring Stampede Pro Rodeo: Yeehaw! It's rodeo weekend! The Midland County Horseshoe Arena will host the Spring Stampede Pro Rodeo March 16 & 17, with a variety of events ranging from mutton bustin to a rodeo queen pageant. Doors open at 6pm, tickets can be purchased at the box office or online.
- Garden Explorers: Spring Planting: Sibley Nature Center is hosting a workshop series for kids (3rd through 5th grade) to gain hands-on experience with establishing a garden bed! Learn how to prepare soil, choose fruit and vegetable plants, and how to tend to them. Tickets are just $8 and the fun starts at 10am!
- Travel Adventure: LEGO Batman Movie: Load up the kids and head over to the Midland County Library for a screening of LEGO Batman Movie, along with popcorn and a craft to take home! 1:30pm to 4pm
- Portraits of Courage: Tribute to America's Warriors: Tomorrow from 10am to 5pm, the Museum of the Southwest invites you to see a vibrant collection of oil paints by President George W. Bush. These paintings tell a story of the warriors they represent, honoring the sacrifice and courage of America's military. Can't make it tomorrow? No worries! This collection is on display until March 25.
- Permian Basin Comic Con: Friday through Sunday, the PBCCX is back! Meet former Power Rangers actors & voice actors for popular animations, participate in costume contests, games and more! There are tons of exhibitor and artists booths for shopping, and even a kids zone featuring scavenger hunts and craft activities. For tickets and details, click here.
- Model Home Tour: The Model Home in Daybreak Estates is open Saturday between 10am and 6pm! 1104 Daybreak Way is the address, which is near the intersection of Daybreak Way & Hwy 349/Big Spring St. This 3 bed/2 bath floor plan is fully decorated and staged to give you the full effect of what living in a "Fabiana" plan would feel like! For details, contact Clarissa at email@example.com.
Sunday in Midland:
- Gnome & Mug Painting: The Beer Garden invites you to join them for a Sunday funday! The Pottery will be on site from 3pm til 5pm with some paintable mugs and gnomes to get your home & garden in the spring spirit. There will also be live music and delicious food being served!
- The Urban Market: Where else can you eat brunch on a double decker bus in West Texas?! If you haven't attended Urban Market yet, now is your chance! This pop-up shopping and brunch event is fun for the whole family. Head down to Downtown Midland and you can't miss all the action on the corner of Colorado & Ohio (by So... Fly Boutique). Over 40 local vendors, food and fun!
Know of any fun events that we missed? Something coming up that everyone should know about? We'd love to hear about it! Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.