Monday September 12, 2016
1. What do you do at Permian Homes and how long have you been with the company?
I work in Purchasing. We pay the bills, shop for vendors, and order building materials. My family moved to Odessa in January of 2011 and I started at Permian Homes as an assistant superintendent. I spent a few years working for our granite countertop supplier but I've been in the office now for three years.
2. What do you enjoy most about working at Permian Homes?
Permian Homes has a good family life and I enjoy working close to home. I have an awesome office with all the computer monitors I want - I currently use four to crunch numbers.
3. Where is your hometown?
Washington State; a small town outside of Seattle. It's very rainy, has mountains, trees, water, and is quite liberal. Just about the exact opposite of Odessa. I'm enjoying my time in Texas.
4. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
I'm a commercial airline pilot and an avid bicyclist.
5. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Several places in Europe, including England, France, Sweden, Ireland, Germany and Italy. Ideally, I could ride around on a bike, sailboat or small plane to explore. The history appeals to me.
6. What is the best advice you've ever been given?
Take a deep breath when life gets stressful.
7. What is your favorite restaurant in Midland/Odessa?
Churrasca Brazilian Steakhouse
8. What is one thing on your bucket list?
To run a marathon
9. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Weeding in West Texas can get fierce.
10. What is your favorite holiday?
4th of July: It's summer time and we get to blow things up, depending on where you live, of course.