Monday March 14, 2016
Employee Spotlight: Emily Burgess
1. What do you do at Permian Homes and how long have you been with the company?
I am a Purchasing Agent and I have been with Permian Homes for 2 ½ years.
2. What do you enjoy most about working at Permian Homes?
The people and the flexibility of the job. Permian allows you to take your ideas and run with them and the people make it a fun atmosphere.
3. Where is your hometown?
Right here in Midland, TX.
4. What hidden talent of yours would surprise people?
Well, I am fluent in Malagasy and I’m an excellent bowler. And I know you’re thinking, “What the heck is Malagasy?” It’s the language they speak in only Madagascar. So it hasn’t done me much good in the states.
5. Do you have a favorite quote, motto or saying?
"I don’t know where I’m going but I’m on my way."
6. If you had to eat one meal, every day, for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Definitely Beans and Rice. But they’ve gotta be white beans in a tomato like sauce.
7. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’m hoping to start planning a trip to Peru to hike the Inca Trail out to Machu Picchu.
8. What three things can you not live without?
I have learned in the past that my staples are Peanuts, Running Shoes, and my Kindle.
9. What’s on the top of your bucket list?
At some point in my life I’d like to take a year and backpack/travel around the world.